The gender EQUITY toolkit for tech startups
Harness the power of diversity to speed up innovation, boost performance and foster an inclusive culture
It’s no secret that diverse teams perform better. And in technology that means building better products. Countless studies have shown the benefits of diversity in the workplace, most notably:
Real talk: investors are all over these stats….
You can circumvent an otherwise inevitable “diversity debt” and build a strong foundation of equity from today. The Startup Toolkit provides the guide rails you need to grow your company with sustainably equitable teams, supports hiring efforts and signals to Investors that you understand both the social and commercial benefits of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI).
Leveraging our progressive frameworks, policy templates and simple guides will have you ready to go, saving hours of research and about $20k of costs.
Ready to unlock the full potential of your Startup? Get your Gender Equity Toolkit today!
The Gender EquityToolkit
Diverse teams are not only a moral imperative, they also bring numerous benefits to your organisation. Now, these teams don’t happen by accident. They are created by intentionally implementing policies and frameworks that reduce bias and foster a culture of inclusivity, transparency and healthy feedback.
The Startup Gender Equity Toolkit is a comprehensive and powerful set of policies, templates and guides covering four distinct areas, designed to set your company up to be an equitable employer, right from the start.
- Equal Parental Leave Policy
- Flexible & Part-Time Work Policy
- D&I (Diversity & Inclusion) Policy
- Transparent Pay Policy & Framework
- Job template & guide
- EVP (Employee Value Proposition) guide
- Hiring guide
- Interview kit & guide
- Guide: Inclusive Leadership
- Guide: Managing a Flexible Workforce
- Guide: Conducting Performance Reviews
- Recommended Reading List for Leaders
- Role Levels Matrix Template & Guide
- Guide to creating a physically welcoming, gender inclusive working environment
- Performance Review Guide & Framework
- Code of Conduct
The Startup Accreditation
In addition to the toolkit, you can also achieve the Project F Startup Accreditation to showcase your commitment to gender equity.
HOW TO BECOME ACCREDITED
- Complete a payscale for your technology team with ranges by role and role level. We have supplied a template in the Gender Balance Toolkit. Why? Defining pay ranges for tech roles demonstrates your commitment to pay equity. Easy if you already have one and are using it, simple enough and a high value exercise if you don’t.
- Submit your payscale doc along with your company logo for use on our website and in promotional posts. We will coordinate with you on these posts once we have received the the complete payscale.
- Once we have reviewed and approved your submission, we will send you the Project F Startup Accreditation mark for use on your website and marketing materials.
PROMOTED BY PROJECT F
Our Startup Clients
Ready to get your toolkit?
Join a growing community of progressive startups and scaleups reshaping the tech landscape!
The legacy of what you sow into the fabric of your business today will be the tangible business benefits that come with fostering a diverse and inclusive culture, where everyone can thrive.
Frequently Asked Questions
Depending on the size of your Startup or Scaleup, we have tailored the toolkit so you can apply what is absolutely necessary for you and build solid foundations.
We have put together detailed instructions and templates that will help you implement each part of the toolkit in the easiest possible way. The toolkit is designed for you to be able to develop policies and processes that will grow with your company.
Take it one step at a time. We do recommend you start with foundational policies but then continue with what aligns the most with your company’s objectives.
The truth is, it depends. Most of the Startups we have worked with so far have seen results within their first year and applied up to 50% of the toolkit.
Diversity and inclusion is an ongoing commitment. It’s all about starting the work and we are happy to assist you if you have any questions.
You will receive instant access to our portal where you can download the toolkit instructions, the templates and other resources to help you on your journey to achieve gender equity in your tech teams.
All templates are downloadable and can be used locally or via an online editor.
In a nutshell, no. To get the accreditation, you need to complete a pay scale for your technology team with ranges by role and role level. We have supplied a template in the Gender Balance Toolkit. This demonstrates your commitment to pay equity.
From then, you will be sent our accreditation mark so you can start showcasing your commitment to gender equity and support your branding effort.
Saying that this is only the first step. You will need to keep implementing the toolkit to keep your accreditation. We do organise yearly check-in for your accreditation renewal.